n this Privacy and Cookies Policy, 'us' 'we' or 'our' means Shop Gabrielle Grace Pty Ltd. (ABN 17 603 100 278). We are committed to respecting your privacy. Our Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information. This includes personal information that we collect via the website (including all password protected areas) and any subdomains, all related top-level domains, mobile sites, apps, APIs and widgets (Website).
We may change our Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time by publishing changes to it on our Website. We encourage you to check our Website periodically to ensure that you are aware of our current Privacy and Cookies Policy.
‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (whether the information is true or not or recorded in any form or not)'. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the use of, or the protection of information provided to, other websites linked to our Website or to third parties whom you have connected with as a result of using our Website.
If you have any questions not addressed in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please feel free to contact us using the methods at the end of this Policy under ‘Contact us’.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect different personal information from you depending on the circumstances in which that information is collected, including as set out below.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You warrant that the personal information you provide to us, and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, web browsing history and standard web log information;
- details of the products you have purchased from us or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website and the E-boutique or indirectly through your use of our Website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or in telephone conversations from time to time; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
- We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- sign up for our newsletter or create an account on our Website;
- sign up for The Waiting List for a particular product;
- Sign up for a product that is out of stock
- visit, order and/or purchase products from our E-boutique;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, telephone, in person or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our Website, E-boutique, content and advertising.
WHY DO WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Website and E-boutique and to order and purchase products via the E-boutique;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, the E-boutique, our business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to display or publish advertising on web pages that you access;
- to complete sales transactions;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- for planning, product development or research purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our Website, E-boutique or products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
[If you visit the E-boutique and select products but do not complete the checkout process, we may also send you reminders of your uncompleted order and prompt you to visit the E-boutique to complete your purchase. Will you do this?]
TO WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy to:
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Website and E-boutique and/or our business, hosting, storing and management of our customer database or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments, Adyen and Afterpay);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Website;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our suppliers located overseas. This includes to Amazon who hosts and stores our email database in data centres located in the United States of America.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian privacy laws. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles and our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- USING OUR WEBSITE AND COOKIES
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our Website that help us track your Website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions.
- We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites. The privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from our Privacy and Cookies Policy, so we encourage individuals to read them before using those websites.
ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us (refer to the ‘Contact us’ section below). Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If your request is particularly complex, or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide this information.
- MAKING A COMPLAINT
- If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or the way we handle it, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
For further information about our Privacy and Cookies Policy or practices, or to access or correct your personal information, or make a complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Effective: 15.10.17